- History of discipline problems.
- Blames you for his/her anger.
- Serious drug or alcohol use.
- History of violent behavior.
- Threatens others regularly.
- Insults you or calls you names.
- Trouble controlling feelings like anger.
- Tells you what to wear, what to do or how to act.
- Threatens or intimidates you in order to get their way.
- Prevents you from spending time with friends or family.
Could you be in an abusive relationship?
Create a Safety Plan Today!
AND do these things . . .
- Find an adult that you can trust and talk to him/her.
- Plan in advance to have a safe place to go.
- Keep money and your cell phone or calling card with you at all times.
- Establish a code word or sign so that family, friends, teachers and co-workers know when you are in danger and when to call for help.
For help call:
National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline:
- 1-866-331-8453 (TTY for deaf/hearing impaired)
- Or call Safe Places at 501-590-2466 to speak to an advocate.
if you find yourself needing help NOW, call 911.
Ten Warning Signs of an Abusive Relationship
to download this page in pdf.
for information, interactive games, quizzes, etc.,
and about teens.
for another fun site with lots of info . . .